I've been asked to write the five reasons to buy in my area. I'll start in the town I live in, New Fairfield, Connecticut.
Top 5 Reasons to Buy in New Fairfield, Connecticut
- It's beautiful, small-town New England charm. With a population of right right around 14,000, New Fairfield has grown into a charming suburb while still maintaining its small-town roots.
- Recreation. Bordering Candlewood Lake, the largest lake in the state of Connecticut, New Fairfield enjoys year-round recreational activities, from boating to fishing to swimming to hiking to ice-skating. New Fairfield is also home to Squantz Pond, a state park that offers swimming, picnicking and miles of hiking trails with tremendous views of the area.
- Convenient location. Bordering New York state and the larger Connecticut city of Danbury, New Fairfield enjoys a great location for commuters to many areas: White Plains/Westchester County business areas are just over a 30 minute drive; lower Fairfield County's growing business districts can be reached in 20-40 minutes; New York City and Hartford are each just about one hour away.
- Home prices. Homes in New Fairfield run the gamut in pricing - from starter homes around $200,000, to raised ranches and smaller colonials around $400,000, to spacious contemporaries around $600,000, newer colonials in the $700,000 - $1,000,000 range, to lake front estates worth well over $1,000,000. There is a home at a price point for everyone.
- Variety of homes. As mentioned above, New Fairfield sports a wide variety of homes, including smaller cottages and ranches, raised ranches, colonials, contemporaries, lake community bungalows, lakefront estates, and homes on acreage. Oder neighborhoods may have lots of around 1/2 acre each, but most homes in town have at least a full acre of land. New homes are being built on 2 acre minimum lots. Having such a large variety of home options in one town allow people to move multiple times within the same time - from their first home, to a larger home, possible to a lakefront residence, and then can even downsize into one of the active-adult townhome communities in town.
Recent New Construction in New Fairfield
Let's not forget that interest rates are still near record-lows, and combined with stable prices, homes are more affordable than ever.
New Fairfield possesses that small-town charm with all conveniences and great commutes to major metro business areas in Connecticut and New York.
Beautiful Candlewood Lake